Welcome to the Borough
of Bethlehem which is located on the north side of the Lehigh River. Here
is how the Borough was described in a book published in 1915, The Borough
of South Bethlehem Souvenir History Issued in Connection with the Semi-centinnial
Celebration Oct. 3-10, 1915 : "Across the river from South
Bethlehem is the old Borough of Bethlehem, incorporated March 6, 1845. The
town was founded in 1741 by the Moravian congregation. The town has not the
industrial features of South Bethlehem, and is mostly a business and residential
place. It has many historic points of interest. Its streets are
well kept and well lighted, and there is an enterprising and progressive
government." That description was written over 80 years ago,
and it still rings true today.
Some of the names were mispelled,
so if you don't find the name exactly where it should be, look around a little
bit. It may be a little out of order.
|A to E||F to K||L to R||S to Z||Moravian