|Most of the Information below can be found on Wikitravel|
Bethlehem is a city in Pennsylvania, located along the Lehigh River 50 miles north of Philadelphia and 70 miles west of New York City. It is part of the Lehigh Valley metropolitan area, along with Allentown and Easton.
Lehigh Valley International Airport (IATA: ABE) serves the greater Lehigh Valley metropolitan area and is located about 10 to 15 minutes north of downtown Bethlehem by car. It is served by several legacy carriers, including Delta Connection, , Continental Express , United Express , and US Airways . Each offers several daily flights to their Eastern U.S. hubs. Air Canada Jazz offers flights to Toronto, and the airport usually has at least one low-cost airline with service to Orlando-Sanford. At present, there are two; Allegiant Air and Direct Air . The airline(s) flying this route tends to change fairly often; when one budget startup goes out of business, the airport tends to replace it with another one within a few months.
The airport is on the outskirts north of the town. Take Airport Road south and get on Route 22 east; get off at the next exit for Schoenersville Road. Make a left at the end of the ramp, and follow the road until it becomes Elizabeth Avenue, at which point you are now in Bethlehem. To get to the south side, take the Route 378 exit instead of Schoenersville. When the expressway ends, make a left at the light onto S. 4th St; you are now in the south side neighborhood.
Other airports in the general vicinity are Philadelphia International Airport (IATA: PHL) and Newark International Airport (IATA: EWR). As these are hubs for major airlines, and generally speaking much larger airports, flying into Philly or New York can save you a bundle. Expect a 90-minute drive from Philadelphia and about 2 hours from Newark, depending on traffic. (Please click the link for Lehigh Valley Airport for a list of the current airlines available.)
* Car Rentals available through the Lehigh Valley International Airport (LVIA)
Bethlehem is easily accessible by car from virtually any direction.
* I-78 is the main interstate through Bethlehem, connecting it with New York City to the east and Allentown and Harrisburg to the west. The Bethlehem exit is Route 412 (exit 67)); turn right at the bottom of the ramp, regardless of which direction you came from.
* I-476, locally referred to as "The Turnpike", is the main interstate and toll road traveling North-South, going from outside Philadelphia to the Poconos. Get off at the Lehigh Valley Interchange (Exit 56) and continue east on Route 22, which runs through the town. Be aware that this not the Pennsylvania Turnpike, but the Northeast extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, but you can go between the two roads without paying the toll. Do not lose your ticket; you will be charged the maximum toll.
* US-22, colloquially "22," is the main highway through Bethlehem and the rest of Lehigh Valley. It runs parallel to I-78 for its length through Bethlehem. Rush hour traffic can be a hassle and the road is altogether congested, and there are local efforts to expand the road, which have not yet resulted in any construction.
* PA-378 runs from US-22 in the north to PA-309 in Center Valley. The portion north of the Lehigh River is a freeway, but it turns into a congested city street on the South Side. After Bethlehem, it is a 2 to 3 lane road.
Several companies offer daily coach service to Bethlehem. Buses depart from the Park & Ride at I-78 and Route 412 in south Bethlehem, which can be reached by local mass transit.
* Bieber Tours, 1 800 BIEBER 4, . Bieber runs buses several times daily between Bethlehem and Philadelphia's Greyhound Bus Station.
* Trans-Bridge Lines, 1 610 868 6001, . Trans-Bridge operates busses to several points in New York. The "New York" bus stops at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, but there are also services to the major airports.
* The Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem has many scheduled line runs throughout the tri-state area. Planning a trip? Contact one of our registered Motor Coach operators in your area for details! (added by Webmaster)